Hello! My name is Reiannon Metz and I teach second grade at Blake Primary School. This is my 16th year teaching in Parker, Arizona. I have a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Elementary Education. I also have my Reading Endorsement and an SEI Endorsement. In addition, I am the Gifted Coordinator for Parker Unified School District.
I have been happily married to my husband Travis for 20 years. We have two children. Our daughter Skylar is a senior at Parker High School. Our son Ryland is an 8th grader. He attends Wallace Junior High School.
I look forward to the 2017-2018 school year. Our learning calendar is full! This year our second graders will:
- Participate in interactive journaling: Math, Reading, Writing, and Science
- Engage in a comprehensive phonics program, which will lead to stronger reading and writing skills
- Read, read, and read...Write, write, and write!
- Explore math ideas using manipulatives and tools
- Problem solve (not just in math...in all areas of learning...including social situations)
- Question, justify, persevere (don’t give up!)
- Dig deeper into text and find evidence for what they think
And so much more!
We’re in Room 21 at Blake Primary School and we are a learning machineJ!! We can’t wait to meet you...come on in!